Blog & News
- Match Results Posted, Happy Trails to Serving Justice
- Next Match is May 1st.
- April 2016 Match Results Posted and Other News
- March 2016 Match Results Posted
- Results for the Super Bowl Match
- New SASS Handbooks Available
- Come to Our Superbowl Match
- Sunday Match Cancelled. Bad Weather Moving In.
- Christmas Match Video
- 2015 TG Summit Results and Recap
- December Christmas Match Results Posted
- Christmas Match This Sunday
- Getting ready for Christmas Match on December 6th
- 2015 Territorial Governors Summit Agenda
- November Match Starts 2016 Buckle Series
- Congratulations to New Range Officers
- Buckle Series Winners Announced
- See Additions to the Town at Sunday's Match
- RO1 & RO 2 Classes Offered on October 11th
- Sept Match Results and Other Stuff
- New Town Almost Finished
- New Shooting Town Near Completion
- Roughneck Rod in Serious Accident
- Magnum P.I. Match is on For Sunday
- New Shooting Categories Begin in August
- July Match Results Posted
- June Match Results Posted
- May Match Results Posted
Subscribe to Blog
Welcome to the Miakka Misfits!
The Miakka Misfits are a SASS, (Single Action Shooting Society), affiliated club and we follow the SASS rules. We Shoot at the Manatee Gun and Archery Club close to Bradenton, FL. where we have 4 permanent cowboy stages set up. We have a corral, a storefront, and more to soon follow!
New categories have been added so you can shoot with guns you probably already own. Click here for category information.
Match fees are $10.00 for members and $12.00 for non members
Juniors are only $5.00
Bottled water is provided at no charge but bring something to eat as we have no facility for cooking food.
The Miakka Misfits were born in May of 2001 near the Myakka River in Manatee County, Florida. Their name comes from the river near where we shoot, (in the old Indian spelling Miakka), and the fact that in the Indian language Miakka means little turtles.
Spectators are welcome, come on out and watch or give it a try! Lot's of pards will let you try their gear, just bring your hat. Eye and ear protection are mandatory and may be purchased or rented at the range.